Tuesday, February 7, 2017

unePassante: Seasonal Beast (2017)



Florence-based band unePassante´s new album is called "Seasonal Beast" (chick Paguro 2017) and it´s name is of course taken from Robert Wyatt´s "Sea Song".

The Florentine chats with Giulia Sarno over here.

"MD: Tell us a bit about the title, 
“Seasonal Beast”, and the disarming cover image.
GS: The album’s title is borrowed from a verse of Robert Wyatt's “Sea Song”. These words evoke an ever-changing emotional state with which I identify very much. As for the cover, I found myself immediately moved by this animal’s reciprocating glance. I try to steer clear from iconographic binging because I believe in the importance of maintaining clarity of vision. This is the reason why I don't use Instagram or other image-based networks."

No comments: