Friday, March 19, 2010

Espen Eriksen Trio


And just when you thought you had heard it all, Rune Grammofon is releasing a relaxed, but swinging piano trio! Espen Eriksen Trio is Espen Eriksen (p), Lars Tormod Jenset (b) and Andreas Bye (dr). Rune name drop Tord Gustavsen and Esbjörn Svensson to put the trio´s album "You had me at goodbye" on the map, but I´ll just gamble and throw in Keith Jarrett and some 70s feeling I´m not sure I can define too. I still think you better listen for yourselves, but it suited me just fine now, as the snow is melting here and all.
Cover: Kim Hiorthøy (and since I downloaded from eMusic I only have the front cover).

First we had "You had me at hello"
and now "You had me at goodbye"! How about hitting it after some work, but before it´s too late, next time?

No comments: