Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Labfield: "Collab" (Hubro 2009)


I have to admit that the first time I played Labfield´s "Collab" I found it boring, and a bit irritating, but I have changed my mind! What happened? Well, I have played the album several times, also on my iPod while walking in the woods, or on a dark road in the evening, and this makes a perfect (spooky) soundtrack! The album starts with "Cebollon" (35 minutes), a piece with several layers of music, developing slowly in a minimalistic manner, and then turns into the lovely "Crusial" (8 minutes) with dulcimer like guitar and whispering vocals. Exciting stuff, if you will let it grow on you!
Labfield is David Stackenäs – acoustic guitars, electronics and Ingar Zach – drums, percussion, sruti box and drone commander, and here are their guests: Ståle Storløkken – synth, Mariam Wallentin – voice, and Giuseppe Ielasi: electronicsk (info from Grappa).

No comments: