Sunday, March 30, 2008

Festivals and links

The programme for The Molde International Jazz Festivaljazz is taking it's shape, although several of the artists finally on the festival site have been outed in this blog already (Charles Lloyd, Shining + Enslaved and others). I'm happy to see that ”artist in residence” Marilyn Mazur opens up with Nils Petter Molvær, Dhafer Youssef and Eivind Aarset. And Ornette Coleman visits Norway again! Kongsberg last year, Molde this year.

Bergenfest serves a new Patti Smith concert (4 May), in more intimate environments than the first concert (which takes place in front of a sitting concert hall audience). I was not too impressed with the programme at first, but have realised that a ”small part of Led Zeppelin” is coming, since John Paul Jones plays with Robyn Hitchcock 30 April. Danish "Savage Rose" is still around too! I saw them in the early seventies in Molde, and the vocalist Anisette was almost too much for a shy young boy.

You may have noticed that I have been working on my links. I have made own lists for Norwegian festivals and just a few favorite artists, where you now find the Robert Wyatt links.

No comments: